Childbirth Education Classes in South Miami, FL
Everything You Should Know on Your Due Date
We encourage you to sign up early for the Childbirth Classes. Download the childbirth class flyer here.
Briseida Gordillo, ARNP, teaches our childbirth education class. This class is intended to provide our expecting couples with preparation for the birth of their baby. Each class is a four-hour session.
Who Should Attend?
- All pregnant women will benefit from the classes. We encourage the father or person planning to accompany the mother during labor and delivery to attend.
When to Attend?
- We recommend you to take the class 1 to 2 months before your due date. Please sign up as soon as possible since dates fill up quickly.
Location. All classes are held in our office. After the class, you should plan to go to Baptist Hospital, for a tour of the Labor and Delivery facilities.
Time. Our classes are held every six to eight weeks. We offer a one-day series on Saturdays from 9:00a.m. until 1:00p.m. Please see our contact Maria Delatorre for information on upcoming dates.
Cost. The charge is $200.00, CHECK ONLY. The cost covers both, the class and the tour of Baptist Hospital. Please mail the check or stop by the Business Office to see Maria. The check should be written out to Morales, Esserman & Gaitan LLC. and mailed with the envelope we provide to you. If payment is not received before the classes, services will not be rendered.
- Welcome and introduction
- Information about our office and our practice
- Explanation of our obstetrical visits. Why we do what we do
- Normal female anatomy
- Common discomforts of pregnancy
- Preparing for labor and the hospital
- What to pack for the hospital
- When to go to the hospital
- The process of labor
- The delivery experience
- Indications for a c-section
- How to choose a pediatrician
- Pain management options
- Breathing techniques
- Caring for your newborn and newborn characteristics
- Postpartum period and care
- Postpartum blues and postpartum depression
- How do I return to normal physical, emotional and sexual health?
- Hospital tour of Baptist hospital Labor and Delivery, Postpartum, NICU, newborn nursery and OB triage
Refreshments and snacks will be provided unless otherwise specified.
If the minimum class size requirement is not met, you may be contacted regarding a cancellation or to reschedule.
Pregnant moms are very susceptible to infections; please refrain from attending the class if you are sick or think you might be contagious