Menopause Management in Miami, FL
Perimenopause is a time where a woman’s body is going through natural changes in levels of estrogen and progesterone. This change in hormones can cause hot flashes, mood swings, sleep problems, bone loss and problems with concentration.
South Florida Women’s Care provides menopause management consultations at our women’s health clinic in Miami, FL. We are conveniently located near Baptist Hospital of Miami and are a short drive from The University of Miami. Call us at (305) 661-7766 or schedule your appointment online today!
Symptoms of Perimenopause
During the perimenopausal period, a majority of women notice the following symptoms:
- Menstrual Irregularity – The length of time and flow of your periods may vary as you get closer to menopause. If your periods are more than 60 days apart, you are in the late stages of perimenopause.
- Hot flashes – The intensity, length and frequency of hot flashes vary from person to person.
- Mood swings – Irritability and depression are common in premenopausal women.
- Change in cholesterol levels – The decline in estrogen levels may also lead to changes in your blood cholesterol levels.
- Vaginal problems – A decrease in estrogen may also cause vaginal tissues to lose lubrication, making intercourse painful at times.
How to Manage Perimenopause Symptoms
Here are a few tips to ease the symptoms of menopause and perimenopause:
- Exercise more often – Exercising for at least 20 minutes, three days a week eases hot flashes by decreasing hormones.
- Make lifestyle changes – Decreasing alcohol and caffeine intake can help with depression and mood swings.
- Try vaginal estrogen cream – Certain creams can give you a slight dose of estrogen, eliminating pain and discomfort during intercourse.
- Change your diet – Adding more fruits and vegetables into your diet while following a low calorie, low fat diet can lessen the symptoms of menopause.
Menopause Treatment in South Miami, FL
The board certified OB/GYN physicians at South Florida Women’s Care provide care for women in their perimenopausal and menopausal periods. Call South Florida Women’s Care at (305) 661-7766 or schedule an appointment online today!