Board Certified Female OB/GYN in South Miami, FL
Dr. Lucia Gaitan was born and raised in Bogota, Colombia. She attended medical school at Colegio Mayor Nuestra Señora del Rosario, where she graduated top of her class. She completed her internship in the Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Department at Jackson Memorial Hospital. Dr. Gaitan then pursued her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital from where she graduated in 2008.
Dr. Gaitan is a Board Certified Obstetrician and Gynecologic surgeon, as well as a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She also holds professional memberships at the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology and the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists.
Dr. Gaitan enjoys the varied nature of practicing obstetrics and gynecology. She takes special interests in labor and delivery, office procedures, menopause, abnormal cytology and colposcopy and minimally invasive surgery. Dr. Gaitan is trained in Robotic Surgery and cosmetic gynecology. She also makes sure to stay up to date with the latest information and often attends local and national meetings.
In her spare time, Dr. Gaitan enjoys various fitness activities, traveling and spending time with her husband and her son. She is fluent in English, Spanish and French.
-1996 – 2001 Universidad del Rosario – Doctor of Medicine
Internship & Residency
– Jackson Memorial Hospital – Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Department
-2004-2008 University of Miami/ Jackson Memorial Hospital – Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
– 2008 Best Teaching Resident, University of Miami/ Jackson Memorial Hospital – Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
– 2008 Best Research Project , University of Miami/ Jackson Memorial Hospital – Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
– 2003 Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates Certification
– English, French and Spanish